Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Faithfulness

Faithfulness. Have you ever thought about what it means to be a faithful person? I am talking about more than being faithful to a spouse, though that is very important. But are you a generally faithful person? Are you reliable?  Are you trustworthy? If I am honest with myself I have to think of the times I have let people down by not doing what I said I would do. That is not being faithful. People begin to lose respect for. The things that you do say don't carry nearly as much weight as they could because you have not proven to be faithful. 

Faithfulness is an important part of being a Christian. People need to trust you if they are going to allow you to speak into their life at all. If they can't trust you to keep your word then why would they trust you when you show them the way to Christ? Not only that but we are supposed to be representatives of Christ himself. If we aren't faithful then people will begin to associate that with the god we serve. How horrible it would be if people believed that God was only as faithful as me? Of course Gods faithfulness does not decrease because mine does, but some people will see it that way.

So... Are you being faithful?

No comments:

Post a Comment